About AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy
- AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy is an incentive program designed for loving dog owners who have taken the time to take a basic training class with their puppies.
- All dogs are welcome to participate, including purebreds and mixed breeds.
- You’ll be able to get information on all of your puppy-raising questions including housetraining, chewing, and the most effective way to teach practical skills such as coming when called in your AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy training classes.
- AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy is a natural lead in to the AKC Canine Good Citizen Program.
Read more about the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program!
About the Canine Good Citizen Program
- Every dog can participate in this program. Purebreds and mixed breeds are welcome. More than 500,000 dogs have received the CGC certificate.
- CGC is becoming the standard of behavior for dogs in our communities. The country’s largest insurance companies will insure dogs not otherwise insurable if they have the AKC CGC certificate.
- 40 states have CGC legislative resolutions.
- Many apartments and condos now require dogs to pass the CGC test.
- There are CGC programs in shelters, and many veterinarians recommend the CGC program.
Read more about the Canine Good Citizen Program!