About AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy
- AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy is an incentive program designed for loving dog owners who have taken the time to take a basic training class with their puppies.
- All dogs are welcome to participate, including purebreds and mixed breeds.
- You’ll be able to get information on all of your puppy-raising questions including housetraining, chewing, and the most effective way to teach practical skills such as coming when called in your AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy training classes.
- AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy is a natural lead in to the AKC Canine Good Citizen Program.
Read more about the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program!
About the Canine Good Citizen Program
- Every dog can participate in this program. Purebreds and mixed breeds are welcome. More than 500,000 dogs have received the CGC certificate.
- CGC is becoming the standard of behavior for dogs in our communities. The country’s largest insurance companies will insure dogs not otherwise insurable if they have the AKC CGC certificate.
- 40 states have CGC legislative resolutions.
- Many apartments and condos now require dogs to pass the CGC test.
- There are CGC programs in shelters, and many veterinarians recommend the CGC program.
Read more about the Canine Good Citizen Program!
Both the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy and Canine Good Citizen Programs are sponsored by