Time has flown by and it’s almost Thanksgiving already! Since the holiday feast is rapidly approaching, here are some tips to remember for keeping your dog safe and healthy during your Turkey Day festivities.
- Never give turkey bones to your dog — they pose a serious choking hazard.
- Always keep an eye on the Thanksgiving table and secure leftovers and garbage to prevent your dog from going through the holiday food.
- Don’t give your dog scraps from the holiday buffet. Stuffing, pies, cookies, and fancy hors d’oeuvres are inappropriate for dogs and may make them sick.
- Keep burning candles on high tables or mantels that are out of the way of your dog’s wagging tail.
- Alcohol is toxic to dogs, even in small amounts.
- Stick as closely as possible to your normal routine, and try not to vary your dog’s feeding, walking, and playtime schedule.
Do you have any other Thanksgiving safety tips? Share them with everyone in the comments!
Thank you to Kelli Whitfield for submitting this festive picture of her dogs to the casting call!